Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:51:09 -0700
From:         Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cheap Westy in OKC- I GOT HOSED
Comments: To: Laurence Smith <laurence@ALANASMITH.COM>

Hey All,

Not to stick up for someone that I don't know...but:

I have had cars/jet skiis/etc, "sold" to people over the phone that don't show more times than I can remember. In fact, I would say I have had more people NOT show than actually go through with something they promised to do. I run a business based on reservations, and I make serious decisions based on these reservations. However, people don't seem to think that they are responsible for promises they make (i.e. reservations). Think of the last time you made a reservation for dinner, and then changed your plans at the last minute. Did you still pay for your dinner? One of the major airlines just stated that they would NOT refund customer's ticket purchase if they missed their flight, and the news reporter made it sound like this was the most unfair thing a consumer has ever had to endure. Come on, people. Why would they expect to get their money back? They missed their appointment. Period. The seat was sold to them. They didn't show. Airlines "overbook" on a regular basis because we, as a society, have proven ourselves to be unreliable.

...just a little mid-week rant...

Jon, Sorry you missed your bus, but as you said, "maybe it wasn't meant to be". I personally believe Karma is a B*tch.

See you on the road.

Ward