Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:56:50 -0500
From:         Jeff Woodall <vwwoody@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Locked out

I locked myself out of my 89 Westy a couple of weeks ago.I normally have a hide-a-key stashed on the frame but it had fallen off somewhere along the way.This happened in front of my apartment in downtown Chicago.My apartment keys were on the key chain also,and they were lying on the rear seat .So, I could not get into my apartment to get my spare set of keys.I scratched my head for a minute then realized the skylight mechanism had worn out nylon rollers !!! I climbed up onto the roof rack,pulled up the skylight,by pushing the arms off the skylight tracks,reached into the poptop latch,popped open the poptop,unzipped the canvas window and screen,and jumped in.Not a very proud moment for me as my a$$ hanging out of the poptop with CTA buses howling by and my neighbors peering out from behind their curtains ! :-0 I could hear them whispering "There's that crazy Vw. guy making love to his bus again !!"

Ps....I have since bought a hide-a-key with a much stronger magnet and fixed the poptop mechanism.

woody "keep on pushing"