Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:11:33 -0500
From:         Bill Bowman <BussesByTheArch18@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Latest BNNTA update & early arrivals...
Comments: To: "(msge) VintageBus List" <VintageBus@type2.com>,
          "(send msge) Type2 List" <Type2@type2.com>,
          Missouri Micros <Missouri_Micros@yahoogroups.com>,
          "(send msge) DBG List" <DBGinfo@onelist.com>

Good morning campers!

For those of you who are coming, or contemplating coming to "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #18" (BNNTA) in a couple of days, here's the latest update.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the Rangers have happily agreed to open the gates to the "group" campground where the event is held so that those who arrive early can settle into the campsites of their choice (Sites #10 through #13 are reserved for the staff and event staging area). If you stay there Thursday night, you are responsible to pay the ranger when they come through occasionally for the normal one night campground fee. Once we arrive late Friday morning we'll set up and then everyone can register throughout the day for the whole, long holiday weekend. There is no pre-registration necessary, just register with our staff upon your arrival. Remember that only VW's (of any type, year and model) will be allowed to stay in the event's "group campground". If for any reason you find that you "have to" arrive in anything other than a VW, you will be allowed to drop off your camping supplies inside the campground, and then required to move your non-VW vehicle to a boat ramp parking lot (the closest one) about a 1/4 mile from our event for the weekend. This is, after all, a VW camping event, and everyone enjoys the fact that at "this" event, all that you're going to see around you when you crawl out of your van each morning are lots and lots of VW's for three or four days! No Chevy's, Fords, Toyotas, motor homes, etc!

Yes, dogs are allowed in the Group campground, but the usual common-sense rules apply (leashed, pick up after the dog, avoid your dog fighting with other dogs, etc.). The group campground features nice Corps of Engineer built bathrooms with hot/cold showers, paved roads and pads, a children's playground, the 22 mile long Mark Twain Lake, the nearby "main" campground which has a sandy swimming beach, a nearby boat ramp for your water toys, a nearby marina (boat rentals, fishing supplies), and the town of Monroe City about 13 miles away with general shopping and conveniences.

We're delighted to report that the latest weather forecast says it will be an excellent weekend for camping! High's during the day are forecast to be in the mid 80's!!! You better remember to bring a sweatshirt or light jacket for the evenings around the campfire, it might actually get kinda cool at night!

Saturday's Bus caravan will stop just outside of historic Hannibal, MO at the historic Mark Twain Cave where we have three private cave tours booked in the totally primitive and undeveloped Cameron Cave complex. The guided tours will be by lantern light and last about an hour!

Well that's enough for now. We're looking forward to seeing many of you again in a couple of days, and it's not too late to scramble and join us for the Type 2 festivities! See the web site at www.BNNTA.com for basic info and a Mapquest link for directions. It's only Wednesday and our first busses are about to arrive!

Please drive sensibly and safely, and enjoy the ride!

BNNTA event staff www.BNNTA.com