Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:51:48 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Westfalia roof rack
Comments: To: Gary Lee <gary2a@TELUSPLANET.NET>

Gary it is beautiful, well engineered, and well thought out like all your work. Two Questions:

1) If you choose to bolt the rack to the roof can you remove it without unbolting?

2) How about a full length rack for us non-skylight guys?

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:58:10 -0700 >From: Gary Lee <gary2a@TELUSPLANET.NET> >Subject: Westfalia roof rack >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Folks, >I've come up with a new type of roof rack system for our westfalias. >It attaches to both the pop top and it has gutter mounts. You can use >either mount, or both for maximum strength. >The advantage to this is that you have the strength of a rain gutter rack >but can still raise the pop top without removing the rack. >I've also made a safari basket carrier fitted to the racks and sized >specifically for the westfalia. >I could also make a version for non-westfalia vanagons. > >I originally developed this rack because I had concerns about putting >anything more than the lightest of loads on the fiberglass pop top. > >Take a look here and tell me what you think >http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/rack/roof/roofrack. htm > >Thanks >Gary Lee