Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:09:02 -0400
From:         Clarence J Falarski <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: window vents

Hello Cary:

I think what we have here is a misunderstanding about the price. I e mailed you personally about the 20 or 25 bucks for the purchase of the vents that's why we do not find the purchase price mentioned on the vanagon postings.

Our agreement was, I would ship you the vents after you sent me 5 dollars for the shipping charges and you would see if you could make them work, if you could you would send me the purchase price, 20 or 25 bucks I do not remember, I think it was 20 but I'm not sure. I really hope that you didn't think that I would pay $ 49.95 plus shipping from eurocampers for the vents then give them away for $ 5 shipping only.

If you look at your e to me dated July 1 you say, " I would sure like to try them on my van, I would of course pay shipping ".

July 2 you ask " would you be willing to send them to me for shipping charges only ?". If you thought I was giving them to you for the shipping charges only, why would you ask me that question, of course I would ship them if that were the only charge ????? Also when you say "shipping charges only" there must be another charge.

After we had agreed on the price and agreed that you would try them prior to sending me the purchase price on July 5 I say " I would be glad to send them to you for the up front shipping , up front being the key words.

July 11 you write " so I can send you the $ 5 for shipping". Notice you say shipping only.

BUT PERHAPS THE MOST OBVIOUS EVIDENCE THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE 20 OR 25 DOLLAR CHARGE WAS MY ANSWER TO YOUR E DATED JULY 11 WHEN I SAY.

" SHIPPING, I WOULD USE UPS, I HAVEN'T A CLUE ON COST I THINK $ 5.00 WOULD COVER IT AND IF THEIR WERE ANY OVER PAYMENT I WOULD CREDIT YOUR PURCHASE."

Cary. if there were no purchase price what would I be crediting.

Perhaps before there are any bad feelings the best solution would be for you to return my vents and I will send you the $ 5.00 for the shipping costs. Of course the choice is yours. In any case the cost of the vents if you want them is still $ 20.00.

You have my telephone number if you choose to call me. regards. clarence.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Chiang" <cchiang1@yahoo.com> To: "Clarence J Falarski" <lamont@mindspring.com> Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 3:09 PM Subject: Re: window vents