Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Aug 2002 22:54:55 -0400
From:         Frank Miller <frank@ALTBUSSYS.COM>
Subject:      FS: 84 GL

I'm being re-located to another city and cannot take my long-term project with me. Here are the details: '84 GL Blue/blue exterior, 7-passenger van Dk blue interior (good condition) with standard 7-passenger seating. I also have a weekender rear seat and fold-down middle seat available for it, but the color (gray) does not match the rest of the interior. 1.9L Waterboxer engine (rebuilt by me, needs installed) 3-speed standard transmission (also out of the vehicle now). Since the engine was shot when I got it, I never did drive it, but I was assured by the original owner that the trans was in good shape. I did remove it while I had the engine out to check it out, but never got around to it. Body in very good condition - very minor traces of the typcal seam rust. This has been a long-term restoration project. The engine was shot when I got it from the original owner. I have since rebuilt it and replaced the rear brake cylinders and rear brake lines from the tee connector back to the rear wheels. The under-carraige in the engine compartment area has been cleaned up, and the minor rust spots were covered with Coroless before being repainted. The steel water lines are rusty, but solid. I also have a set of pipes in better condition which I was planning to repaint and use to replace the ones currently on it. I also have the gas tank drained and ready to drop for replacement of the fuel hoses. The wheels are the standard steel wheels with the plastic hub caps. The rubber is fair, but it's been in storage for years so I would not trust it. I'm located in the Columbus, Ohio area. I'm asking $1,200 for it. The engine alone is worth more than that, but I don't want to part it out. Put a little work into it, and have a nice machine. Right now I don't have either time nor money to finish the project. Please email me direct if you would like more information or photos sent. Frank Miller