Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:44:08 -0800
From:         Devin Chalmers <seraphim@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Fwd:       '85 Vanagon with a loud identity
               crisis

Exhaust, eh? That's what my dad thought it was, also... we looked and noticed that the exhaust pipe seemed to have gone missing, but I honestly can't remember if it was there when we bought it... (I know, I

know, I'm a bad owner.) I assume there's not much I can do 'at home' about this? I guess it's probably alright to drive until we can get an

appt. with the Vanagon guy in town, anyway. It's a little incredible to me that this is all that it could be, cause

the difference in volume is just insane. And yeah, there's quite a bit

of backfiring also. And you could be right about the psychological aspect of having a crazy loud engine. This sounds pretty plausible to me, are there any other possibilities of what it could be?

Thanks again, Devin Chalmers

Begin forwarded message: