Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:57:46 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Exhausts...tuning.(was loud identity crisis)
Comments: To: KimBrennan@AOL.COM

And Phillip K. Smith's "The Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake Systems" will tell you exactly how to select the proper diameters and lengths. All you need to know it the displacement of the cylinder, the cam timing, where you want the power to occur and a few other easily calculatable data points from you engine and you can build something *much* better than anything you can buy.

Jim