Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:25:12 -0700
From:         Bill Kasper <dragonlist@IPMTS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Syncro-rear wheels
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>

bob, the rear studs are in the hub, not the drum. you take off the drum, and then pound out the studs. i replaced my stock ones with benT's longer aftermarket studs.

one thing to note. take an old lugnut and put it on the end of the old stud before you start beating. that way you can keep your studs happy on removal and use them again if you ever need to. i also used an old lugnut to pull the studs through the hub plate; without taking the hub off the stub axle, it's impossible to get the studs to pull through without some kind of puller. i just wound on a lugnut until the splines were completely through, one stud at a time. the top end of the splines cut a groove into the lugnut, but when you're done you've got a studpuller.

it's a pain, but an hour or so will do it.

glad to hear you submitted to your passion...