Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:51:14 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Just curious
Comments: To: "Brian T." <nobleman36@YAHOO.COM>

At 12:15 PM 09/03/2002, you wrote:

>Hi All, > >I am wondering what the consensus might be regarding >the value of my 85' Wolfsberg Westy.

This is my very biased opinion. Keep that in mind. Almost certainly it will be worth more to others.

EVERYTIHNG in proper order with no rust or body/paint repair required = $5000 Add or subtract the amounts that follow.

>It has: > >new VW of Canada 1.9L motor

Add $4000 if all hoses and tubes and radiator were replaced as well and spec coolant used and the install was done properly. If old hoses and tubes and radiator -$1500.

>new Sachs clutch/disk/throw out

+350 if installed properly and German parts. -350 if otherwise.

>new Cooper 6-ply 195-75R/14

If non spec, -200 Are they actually R14C or reinforced???

>new rear brakes and cylinders

If the rear cylinders were leaking, the system is contaminated. - 500 for new MC and calipers.

>new fuel & vapor recovery hoses

+ 150

>new ignition battery

+75

>new bosch starter

+ 150

>new OEM waterpump (at the time of engine replacement)

+ 150

>new KYB shocks (in boxes yet to be installed)

worthless

>new Kenwood Excellon Sirius ready CD player

worthless

>new Quartz Audio 6" speaker pro installed in lower >door

- 200 to remove and replace ruined door liners

>new sheepskins

With synthetic side panels, worthless. With full hides, not woven wool, +300

>The body is very straight, though there is some >marginal seam rust.

- 2000 It costs the same to remove rust properly whether just started or advanced.

> The upholstry is in great shape >and the tent is as near perfect as can be. It is the >tan on tan color with black trim.

+ 500

Likely not worth more than $2000 to me.