Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:23:25 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 12V Power to Water Pump
Comments: To: drillock@EARTHLINK.NET

I got around that accidental run thing right away, I installed a little neon light that tells me when the pump is running. Mine is an 83 so mine has just had that lousy $48.00 sink faucet that seldom works. I got around that too by installing a toggle switch.

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:05:30 -0700 mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET> writes: > Yes, there is a electronic cutoff that keeps the pump from running > if > the tank is too low. It was only used on 80/81 models AFAIK. Panels > that > have it have 2 red leds for the bottom 2 on the left. > > The best bet is to bypass the cutoff as it is not really needed and > it > causes confusion to say the least. Pmail me if you want an easy way > to > bypass it. > > Mark > > Ed McLaughlin wrote: > > > > Hey y'all > > I'm still trying to get the water pump in my '80 Westy to run. > I've had the pump bench tested and it works. I've reconnected the > line in from the battery and the LED's light up, and I've checked > the continuity of the water tap switch, but still nothing. Is there > a cut-off circuit which will prevent the pump form running in the > event the water tank is empty? Or is there something else in the > wiring, hidden in there behind the refrigerator? It seems like there > is no power going to the pump, but why not? > > > > Stumped > > > > Ed >