Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:44:55 +1200
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Sad News: MSDS is no longer offering the Porsche engine swaps

>Hello All, > >I was saddened to find out that MSDS has taken the 3.2 liter Porsche engine >conversion out of their product line due to lack of demand. That is why the >main MSDS Inc. webpage does not have the link to their Vanagon pages. As I >previously posted, the page is still alive. I will keep the link in my >webpage for as long as they keep that page active. > >However, before stopping acceptance of orders, MSDS did manage to send one of >their prototype 3.6 takeoff unit to Mike S. in Jamaica. Mike already owns a >3.2 liter installed w/ an MSDS kit on his early air-cooled bus. This thing >sports AMG wheels pirated from Mike's wife's SL600. No photos yet. Mike tells >me that his van is the fastest van in the tiny island of Montego Bay. He will >no doubt be surprising more cruiseship tourists when he finishes the 3.6 from >MSDS. > >Marty says he has basically moved from VW's to just Porsches. It is my >understanding that he is actively looking for a 962 for some serious tweaking. > >If only more of us installed Porsche engines instead on I-4's and Subarus..... > >BenT > <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon >Cafe</A>

Marty PROMISED me the bits of a kit needed to fit the G50 trans, minus the engine bits. Then twice he turned me down when I asked to buy one. I'm asking him again now. We'll see what result this gets. -- Andrew Grebneff 165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut