Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:06:08 -0400
From:         "Michael S. Nichols" <msnichols@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Selling on the list

Hello from Atlanta, Ga. I have both bought and sold parts on the list with no problems. I have done the same on ebay, with no selling problems (no negative feedback) but I have been shat upon on two parts deals when parts were not NOS as advertised. It is best when sellers on the list post a sales price. It saves us all time and effort, as we then know what is for sale at what price. This unfortunately is not the case with some of our frequent list sellers, whom we have to ..."pmail if interested..." . For the newbies on buying on the list, take heed: a posted price is one where the seller is up front and not afraid of competition. As to the parts listed with no price? When you pmail for a price, you have already worked to get information. The seller can then quote you whatever price, and who is to know if it is way out of line? For example, if someone posts $150.00 for an item on the list , and it usually goes for $25 to $50 on ebay or the list, is the high price out of line? If the seller is a regular lister of parts, his prices look high. But, if only those who Pmail know what that person charges, then, well....hmmmmm. Oh yes, as to shipping---Unless you want to pay Mailboxes Inc double the UPS rate to ship UPS, plus a boxing/packing fee, tell your seller or buyer who pays what and from which shipper---FedEX, UPS, or USPS. If you ship UPS or FedEx, never go to Mailboxes Inc. They double UPS rates! Use the Customer Counter at UPS or FedEx. I received a large pkg. from Victoria B.C. that cost US$8.00 via Canada Post. But, the same item shipped from Pa. would be $16.00. Why? Because the seller also wanted to get paid for putting the item in a box. This is a sore point with me---it is like paying to park at or enter a Yard Sale.

Regards,

Michael and Christina Nichols 2--'81's