Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:24:19 -0400
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW obscene parts pricing

Tim's experience duplicates mine, with three different dealers; Frema (Goldsboro, NC), Stohlman's (Tyson's Corner, VA) Pacheles (Greenville, NC)

Before one draws the conclusion that this favorable 'dealer/part' thing is universal, Southern States (Raleigh) was a ham-fisted eye-poke from the moment I walked in, and Springfield VW, while delivering the goods, was arbitrary in their helpfulness.

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Marketing & Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com AIM = IExplain4u Phone: +1.919.658.1278

My experience with my local VW dealership is very different. My local dealer has never made me pay up front for any parts, so I can order parts by phone. They have unlocked VW radios for me and printed out whatever pages of the ETKA that I asked for and faxed them to me. They run VIN numbers through the VW service computer to check maintenance histories of vehicles I was looking at purchasing.

This dealers prices for comparable items are usually about 15-20% higher than on-line vendor pricing, but since the dealer doesn't charge me for shipping, the actual price difference is less. I can usually get anything from the dealer within two days of asking them for it. They even call me when the parts are in house!

Plus, there are actually a couple of mechanics at this dealer that have actually worked on a Vanagon and are willing to answer any questions I have about the van or my Jetta.

What did I do for them? I bought one new car from them and buy parts from them regularly.

Thanks,

Tim

--- rea <fliptop92@KNOLOGY.NET> wrote: > I'm amazed that the dealer even ordered it without > you paying for it first. > The local dealer won't order anything unless it's > paid for in full first.