Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:51:08 -0700
From:         pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Small Car's  SVX conversion?.........not a good idea
Comments: cc: Tony Smola <TSmola@tribune.com>

SmallCar issues? It seems perhaps Kenneth Wilfy is mis-informed or has perhaps stated an unfounded opinion hastily.

Smallcar is continuing to perfect their conversions. Like many who are leaders in their field, problems with handcrafted parts and new processes do occur. I am sure Smallcar is fully aware of improvements to various parts and processes that could be made and more than likely have been made over the past year. I am also confident that they try to make good on their product and to treat their customers with respect.

I reviewed the archives and although you seem to indicate that there has been some "slandering" of Smallcar, I fail to find that particular archive item. Perhaps you could point it out to the list so they might have the benefit of your research.

Also I'm sure the list would be interested in the list of "nearly every good VW conversion shop on the west coast" to which you refer below. I am aware of various shops, some good, some not so good, to which do you refer in your details below?

I personally am rather careful regarding demeaning or slanderous comments made in public forums. Complaints substantiated by documented actions can usually be resolved without inferring that other list members are less than honorable or posting inaccuracies to the list.

Hearsay and rumors are not good bases for making disparaging remarks about anyone. Certainly if doing so would cast doubt on one's business integrity, it could create a poor image that could be detrimental to acquiring future customers from the list.

Tony's experience with fuel economy, mechanical failures, broken parts may or may not have basis in fact and is clearly marked as opinion as I see it.

Do you still sell parts for Audi Conversions supplied by the Vanagon Projekt? I seem to recall you were a business associate of that Company.