Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:37:13 -0400
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Z-bed  installation instructions
Comments: To: TinkerMan <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM>

>So is mine. Do you also have the partition between the >cab and the passenger compartment?

? You got me there. I don't know what you mean, so I guess that means I don't have it.

I did that once, but there is not enough room for the legs, plus my son said riding facing backwards makes him think he is going back in time :-)

>It's about 6 foot till the middle seat backrest,

Yea, just a bit too short for a real mattress......

>BTDT. A pain in the &^$%%^...

Its not that hard. Its only 6 bolts. I suppose its all relative, but it beats any other way I have come up with.

>And you still have to find a place where to leave it.

I guess if you have no garage, that can be a bummer.

>potential storage space, and if you don't have a seat >back in the rear hard breaking tends to make things in >the storage area fly in your direction...

Another reason I keep the middle seat :-) Its only in my case of course, but I don't need to carry too much stuff that needs to lay around in the back cause it only me and maybe one of my children.

>I have cut 3 smaller mattresses that sit on top of >each other and rest against the middle seat backrest. >They can be spread out to cover the whole back area >when needed.

You lost me on that one too.

When you cut the mattresses, how did you close up the "wound?"

>Actually, it's not too difficult installing some >homemade curtains.

Curtains I got. Screens I am working on. Just need to get to the craft store and do the flexible magnet thing. I often stare at the rear hatch and try to think of a simple way to do it with a screen. Simple meaning cheap :-) It seems that a decent rope and one bungee cord would hold a piece of screen in place (till I kick it out with my foot)

>Like the song says, "try to look at the bright side of >life <whistle>"... >You're just doing that...:-)

Its a Vanagon, gotta look at it that way!

Thanks,

John