Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:32:00 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      $80 Best Buy AM/FM/CD deck with remote for westy

Hey, I found this item yesterday at Best Buy. It is Jensen model CD3010X. On sale for $99 and you get a $20 gift card for use on future purchases. It is 45 watts/channel, 4 channels, has a little remote that appears to control all functions, and an aux input on the front so you could plug in your MP3 player, cassette walkman, laptop, etc. Non-removable face. I was buying it for sweetie's Honda. Then I got to thinking that the remote would be handy in the van, so you wouldn't have to clamor out of bed or down from the upper bunk to turn off the radio or change the volume, etc. My van came with a 40 watt/channel Jensen in it. exact same chassis dimensions. It sounds OK. Hard to tell what it would sound like with decent speakers, I just have the stock ones. The installation of the one that came in my van was not too tidy. I have always had a problem with rear clearance of the unit. It is just too tight, and eventually pops out an inch or 2 after hitting a bump. I have had higher priorities than fixing that. Tonight I noticed that it has the screw in the back for a rear mounting point. Just removing that might give enough space. Or tidying up all tech wires crammed in there.... With the rear clearance issue solved the install will look pretty good. (I don't know what mods tech PO might have done to tech dash to get the one that is in there now into the dash.) So I'm going to try to put this one in the van and take the one from the van for sweetie's Honda. I will not be able to do this real soon though, so wanted to clue you in to the sale price.

Edward