Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:22:35 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Something I'm selling on the list
Comments: To: Fredrich Hesterberg <FredsVW@webtv.net>

Fredrich,

I am sure you are right, but I have never had to do this. My

Forward Air location must do the banding and palletizing for

me.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 09:03:26 -0500 (CDT) >From: FredsVW@webtv.net (Fredrich Hesterberg)

>Subject: Re: Something I'm selling on the list

>To: pokey@VANAGON.ORG (80 Westy Pokey) >Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >One more "catch" to this Forward Air shipping. >The items Must be banded to a pallet. >All items on the truck need to be moved with lift truck, so

pallet is >needed, and also must be banded to it. > >

From: >pokey@VANAGON.ORG (80 Westy Pokey) Date: Sun, Sep 8, 2002, 8:01am >(CDT+1) To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Something

I'm selling >on the list

>Robert,

>If you are willing to deliver this thing 200 miles, consider

offering >delivery to any www.forwardair.com location. They are a VERY

cheap >freight forwarder and offer shipping to locations in close

proximity to >major city airports across the US and Canada.

>Their Seattle location is: >FORWARD AIR, INC. >22027 68TH AVENUE SOUTH BLDG 5 >KENT , WA 98032

>Phone: 253-395-3954 >Fax: 253-395-9519

>The catch?

>- You have to wait for truck shipping

>- You have to pickup and dropoff near the airport (not door

to door)

>- You have to pay with a money order at time of shippment

(no cash, no >cheques, no credit cards)

>If you can deal with the three hassles above, this is hands

down the >best bargain in shipping I have ever found. I shipped a pool

table from >Toronto to LA (LAX) for $70 - ground shipping truck. UPS and

Fedex >wanted TEN TIMES that for next day (door to door) air.

>Thanks, >Chris

complete Westfalia >kitchen with fridge I have from a 1986 Westfalia. It's in

excellent >shape and everything, stove, sink, faucet - all work.

>It has a 1 inch scratch on the fridge door. The shelves are

>missing. Otherwise in perfect condition.

>Now if you have ever removed one before you know it's

>incredibly heavy. For this reason I won't ship. But I will

deliver >within 200 miles of Seattle (Canada also).

>Asking $250.00 or best offer. Please e-mail me for more

info. Thanks-

>Robert K

>1982 WestfaliaHolen Sie mehr aus dem Web. Unter

>http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp#de gibt es einen KOSTENLOSEN

Download >von MSN Explorer.