Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:47:41 -0700
From:         patrice b <prb@TELEVAR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rubber floor mats?

Sounds good! Yes, the ability to take out any one piece at a time and clean is the reason I have mats-- having to wrestle out one huge piece or having it be permanent like carpet defeats the purpose for me.

--Patrice 85GL VanaBlue

---------- > From: Steven Dodson <steven@EPOCHDESIGN.COM> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Rubber floor mats? > Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 11:20 AM > > There was such a great response to my Vanagon rubber floor mat project that > I do plan on going ahead with it. > > The only major issue was price vs function. A lot of Listies showed interest > under a certain price point, while others had more interest in the > euro-style full-coverage front mat. One is obviously cheaper to tool and > make than the other. I've been thinking of a possible solution and came up > with a 3-piece concept: left and right front mats with good tread are shaped > to guide water to step and an optional piece that covers the center area > (under shifter and between seats) and snaps over the edges of the left and > right front mats. This concept would keep the front floor nice and dry but > could not cover as much area as the full-coverage mat, that replaces the > front carpet. One good thing about a mat that's not permanent is the ability > to pull it out and hose it down. I don't think you can do that with the > full-coverage mat. > This front mat could be sold as a 2-piece or 3-piece kits and priced > accordingly. > > Any comments? > > > -Steven Dodson > Kneeland, CA > "Inga" the 87 Syncro > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf > Of Ben McCafferty > Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 9:05 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Rubber floor mats? > > > While we're on the floor mat topic, I am still seeking a good set of rubber > front mats--the type that have a lip around the edge to retain water, mud, > etc. The ones I find at Target, etc. don't have a cutout for the wheel > well, and won't fit as a result. > Any leads? > tx, > bmc :) > "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."