Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:16:51 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Low Bank Account
Comments: To: wetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

The bank account is getting dangerously low, so we got sell off a few Vanagon spares... (all prices are exclusive of postage.)

First on the block, we have a Valley tow hitch. 1500# capacity, 150# tongue weight. This is the hitch that bolts between the bumper horns and requires that a slot be cut in the bumper. I prefer this design in that it positions the hitch about 4" higher than the one that bolts to the tow loops. $50. Shipping weight is about 19#.

Next we have a 1.9 head. Used and in "good condition". It is mildly pitted, but I would consider it the perfect JB Weld repair candidate. Combustion chambers have no visible cracks. (I picked this up a couple years ago to replace a head on my 1.9 that had stripped exhaust studs. I then Keenserted the problem.) $75 Shipping weight 15#

Digijet AFM. A pull from a parts Vanagon. Condition unknown, but IIRC the parter only had about 125k on it. Comes with airbox and ess hose if you wnat them. $45 Shipping weight depends on what you want in the box. Probably about 12# for the whole enchilada.

Digijet distributor. I've been haulin this around in my '77 for five years. Was always gonna install it and make an all VW eliminated points distributor. How about $50 for the distributor, the harness and the control unit? Probably weighs about 7# boxed and ready to go.

Half shafts. I have a pair. CVs are probably useable, but for an on-board spare, you'd best plan on replacing them. I don't remember if these are Bay or Vanagon, but they're about 19" end to end and seven and a quarter inches between the bumps where the small end of the boots go. $20 for the pair? Heavy and dirty... Buy 'em and I'll tell you what the box weighs.

Fuel pump. Off the '84 parter. Works. Ran it on the '77 for a while. $30. Weighs less than 5# boxed and ready to go.

A well used Bentley. Bought this new when I got my '83.5 in 1992. It's the 1980-1991 edition. I've recently acquired the 1980-1985 edition that is a bit more applicable to my early Vanagons. Its cover is a bit faded, but the binding is tight and all the pages are there. It has been used, but I tend to take care of $70 books. Yours for half what I paid for it. $35.

If I'm way outta line on any of the prices, feel free to make an offer. Like I said at the beginning, the bank account is getting dangerously low. Because of that situation, Paypal is prefered.

Jim Arnott