Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Sep 2002 09:01:36 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Front AC installation - GROUP PURCHASE INQUIRY STATUS
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>
Comments: cc: snufy58@yahoo.com, sschwartz@os2bbs.com, DOINKS99@aol.com,
          Thomas.Forhan@mail.house.gov, CTONLINE@webtv.net,
          joel_cort@yahoo.com, Todd Last <Rubatoguy@mindspring.com>,
          pokey@vanagon.org, sjohnso2000@yahoo.com, dave bowers
          <dave@sparkplug.com>,
          mtblackburn@qwest.net, westy6789@yahoo.com, Ben McCafferty
          <ben@kbmc.net>,
          kerred@attbi.com, EUROMOG@aol.com, drillock@earthlink.net,
          KimBrennan@aol.com, chrisp@xmission.com, westy4us@yahoo.com,
          derek.krueger@drkru.cotse.net, DeHanschke@aol.com, blbachman@aol.com,
          b.t.allen@myactv.net, Jerry West <jerrywest_@msn.com>

Folks,

Current status of the "Front AC Kit Group Purchase Inquiry".

As many of you know, I recently did a fair amount of research looking for a Front AC solution for a 1990 Westy Syncro.

My conclusion was that Jerry West at European Cooler Air in Rockwall, TX provided the best solution.

After publishing these conclusions to various Vanagon Lists, several folks expressed interest in a possible Group Purchase.

I agree to take the lead on this and what follows is the current status of this activity.

For background information on this THREAD ... please search the Vanagon.Com archives for,

Subject: Front AC installation INQUIRY REPORT > CONCLUSIONS Subject: Front AC installation - GROUP PURCHASE INQUIRY

THE GOOD NEWS:

The regular cost for the Front 16,000 BTU AC KIT is $650.00

This includes the Evaporator Assembly and all parts to hook it up to the OEM system.

If we purchase 10 Kits, we would get 1 free or about 16% OFF the regular price.

25 kits would get us 25% OFF.

These Kits can be installed to an existing "good" compressor but Jerry recommended replacing the stock 8 Cubic In Compressor with a 10 Cubic In unit.

Cost of the 10ci COMPRESSOR is an additional $250 for one or the same discount as above for 10 or more.

THE BAD NEWS:

The Manufacturer Jerry uses requires a "LIKE PARTS RUN" for a discount.

DIFFERENT YEARS OF THE VW VANS USE DIFFERENT COMPONENTS.

That means we have to find 10 or more "Like Enough" Vanagons to qualify.

PART RUN HAS TO BE THE SAME PART LIKE THE CONDENSER EVAPORATOR CASES, EVAPORATOR COIL, MOUNT/DRIVE BRACKETS ETC.

Sorry, but this mean those that expressed an interest in Non-Vanagon Kits wouldn't qualify for the group discount.

WHERE ARE WE :

FOLKS >>>>> It's COMMIT TIME.

Need to identify the serious Group Purchase Participants.

1. Need to know, who TRULY WANTS IN.

2. Send me your SPECIFIC VANAGON INFO, - Year - Model - Current Rear AC or Not -Westfalia or Not - Syncro or Not

Lets see if we have enough similar Vanagons to qualify.

Need to have the input by Tuesday 09.10.02.

Will be travelling for 2-3 weeks after that date.

I will get back to everyone that responds by Wednesday 09.11.02 with a GO or NO GO decision.

If it's a go ... we will need to be in a position to send money to Jerry within 10-14 days.

Best Regards,

Larry Chase

The Great North American VW Westfalia Syncro Tour Beginning ... 01.02.03 "RoadHaus" 1990 Westy Syncro ... Soon Mesa, AZ