Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:40:10 -0400
From:         "John P. Flaherty" <jflahert@MAINE.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic in Maine?

Having given up home ownership, and the joys of shovelling snow and cutting grass that accompany it, lack of a work area forces me to have most of my work done by a mechanic.

I use Kevin Mowatt, Mowatt's Automotive, 252 Warren Ave, Portland. 207-878-1265

Kevin isn't a vanagon guy. A couple of years ago he told me mine is the only one he's ever worked on. AFAIK it still is. He is, however, a truly good mechanic. Not just a parts replacer, but someone who understands mechanical principles. Know's what he doesn't know. I've seen him refer to my Bently when working on my van.

He's done plenty of work on my vanagon, including an engine swap. I have no complaints. He's also done all the work on my wife's car, and my son's.

Totally honest. Only mechanic I feel comfortable telling to "just fix whatever's wrong with it".

The "Dave" Marla referred to is probably Dave Knightly. I think he's in Oxford. Too far away to be convenient for me, but I've heard nothing but good things about him.

John Flaherty Portland, Maine '84 GL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <Doug@BEACONTEL.TV> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: Mechanic in Maine?