Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:03:48 -0700
From:         Claudio Cella <claudiocella@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Summary:  Re: How hard is it to remove exhaust?
Comments: To: Ben McCafferty <ben@kbmc.net>

An absolute yes on that Ben, the flanges MUST be there for support. My initial "chisel and hammer" comment was made with the thought that the exhaust system would be intact without any part (including flanges) removed. Without the flange support it wouldn't really matter at which angle one would apply chisel to nut/stud it would surely bend or snap off. I sure like some of the responses posted pertaining to this topic. One of those "club hammers" has just been added to my tool wish list. Thanks folks !!

Claudio Cella 87 Vanagaon GL 90 Jetta TD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben McCafferty" <ben@kbmc.net> To: "Claudio Cella" <claudiocella@shaw.ca>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 6:42 AM Subject: Re: Summary: Re: How hard is it to remove exhaust?