Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Sep 2002 13:40:00 -0400
From:         jim <jch@VNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Rant

I wonder how many posts have been made for the purpose of vendor bashing in the last 5 years on this list. I just sent off my annual order to Ron, I shopped around a little to compared prices, wondered about vendors that I have not used, had philisophical opposition to shipping things from the west coast to NC, even if they get here sooner. In the end, Ron was $20 cheaper on a $120 order and I like cyber checks. And he did remember the $10 credit I had on my first purchase in 1998 when I came back to ask for it in 2000. Never a question.

But the important thing that I hope will be taken home from this thread this time, is if you have a complaint, call, or write, the person in charge. You know who this is at BD. If Ron does not fix it, then rant, but lets not waste bandwidth with rants that he does not know anything about. Running any kind of small business is tough these days, but one where you hang it all out there on the net, and the most important thing to get you the sale is too often how close you will cut your margin is really tough.

Enough, drive well

jim henry