Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:32:29 EDT
From:         Joseph Angrisani <JOE65@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic in Maine?
Comments: To: Doug@beacontel.tv

Doug wrote: "I thought life was always perfect in salt-free Colorado - did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? There are a lot of ways to say things, and the manner in which you did insulting, condescending, and definitely not appreciated. I'm just looking for someone to weld a new bed into my single cab after I remove the old one." """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Whoa. Relax. All I can say is you misinterpreted the "tone", Doug.

Welding in a new bed is nothing near a restoration of a car in the northeast. I'm sorry if simply pointing out a negative of your area insulted you so. I grew up there and spent 25 years in Upstate NY so I know what happens to 15-20 year old vehicles, and it cannot be avoided. To restore a vehicle subjected to salt and humidity for that long requires LOTS of time to remove the cancers. Think about it: just properly repairing rust in the bottom corners of a windshield opening will take a half a day total. Plus a seal. Plus glass. Plus trim. That was my point....two or three hundred (or more) hours of work, and the many parts that go along with it, all of which is required to restore properly....will never come cheap.

I'm sorry you assumed insults and condescension. Maybe you should try the other side of your bed tomorrow. :)

Peace? Joe in CO 84 Westy 77 Targa