Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:44:11 EDT
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      FS: 87 Syncro GL Weekender in San Francisco $4500
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hi All,

I have an 87 Syncro which I am thinking of selling. It is an 87 in reasonably good shape. Just passed California Smog Check w/ flying colors.

It has a dark gray exterior with light gray Weekender interior. For those who are unfamiliar with this package, it has a rear bench which fold down into a full size bed. To complete the bed, there is a foam cushion in the rear cargo area. The cushion has been in plastic and unused per the PO. Looks super clean. Middle seats have the fold forward feature and folding armrest as part of the package. this NOT A FULL WESTFALIA CAMPER. Perfect for short excursions w/o the weight of a Westy. No poptop. Has the full length AC which needs to be charged. Power windows, power locks, power mirrors too. The rear hatch power lock and the one for the sliding door is not working. I may get this fixed by the time I start showing it.

Mileage is 242,000 miles. You have to drive this vehicle to believe how great a condition this WBX is. No coolant leaks. The PS pump does have a very slow leak. PO says needs to be topped off every month and a half. This may be just a hose problem which I will be looking into.

Drivetrain is in very good condition. Brakes stop well. Syncro gear shifts w/o any problems. Rear LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL works great. Shifter may need bushings redone as the shifting is sloppy.

Pretty much everything works other than what I noticed and mentioned. You are welcome to have your mechanic check it out for themselves. PICS will be available after the weekend.

If I don't get a lot of interest in it, I will be camperizing it with a Westy interior. Then I'll rethink if I want to sell it or keep it. Of course, by then the price will have doubled.

Trades considered. I wouldn't mind having a 2wd double cab or a Carat. I can assist with shipping arrangements of this reasonably rustfree California vehicle at Buyer's expense. No seam rust visible whatsoever. Other than some very minor shopping cart dings, the body is straight as an arrow. The rear hatch does have an area which the PO said he had a couple of small dents fixed.

Just to recap: It is in San Francisco, California. Asking price is $4500. Not $4500 or best offer. It's $4500. I may eventually stick this on ebay with a $4500 reserve. Sorry but I have owned Syncro and I have owned Syncros. This is the best running one I have ever owned. (nevermind the wisecracks about my other vehicles must be junkers - they are;)

BenT <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon Cafe</A>