Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:36:14 -0400
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: odometer quit

You may not have to glue it tho - I fixed mine just by pushing it back into place - I heard a click as it went back into its setting and its been fine since. Use glue as a last resort. There is a great write-up with instructions on this if you look into the archives. Can't remember who its from - Its results from pushing the button while you are driving. Never do that or it will cause it to slip out of place again.

Peace, Marla '87 Westy Van "Morrison" ----- Original Message ----- From: Chris S Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 8:16 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: odometer quit There's a gear at the end of your odometer that drives the whole assembly. That gears is slipping on the steel odometer shaft. Dissasseble speedometer, gingerly glue gear, reassemble. Voila.

Chris,

'85 Westy.

P.S. Don't use too much glue as it will leak onto the adjacent spinning numbers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Zappe" <Zapvw@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:00 PM Subject: odometer quit