Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:21:27 +0100
From:         Clive Smith <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagons for peace
Comments: To: stephen de la salle <sdelasal@PEOPLEPC.COM>

---- Original Message ----- From: "stephen de la salle" <sdelasal@PEOPLEPC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 9:31 AM Subject: Re: vanagons for peace

> After dealing with Iraq ...can we assume that N.Korea and Isreal would be > 'next' on the list? > > N.Korea for developing 'weapons of mass destruction' and Israel for defying > numerous UN resolutions and also developing 'weapons of mass destruction' > and exporting that technology too i.e. to S.Africa. > > Well, of course not ... > > When Iraq was using those 'weapons of mass destruction' against the > Iranians & the Kurds in the 1980's - where was the western condemnation ? > Oh, I forgot in those days we supplied Iraq & Saddam as he was 'one of our > guys' and Iran was the bogey man. > > A wierd wonderful world indeed..... > > Vanagon content ...ummmmmm ...fuel prices will go up ...Okay ..probably > inappropriate for the list! > > Steve

Steve,

You've forgotten one, the IRA bombers! Until Sept 11th last year, New Yorkers and Bostoners were still putting their pennies and dollars in IRA collection boxes (and maybe still are), sponsoring bombings in London and Manchester the full horror of which the US public and press (being blinkered to the rest of the world) have only now come to appreciate. It amazes me that our fireman and police forces have travelled the Atlantic in numbers to give so much support to their counterparts in NY in the knowledge that some of those NYFD and NYPD, dead or alive, no doubt contributed to maimings, burnings and deaths in the UK.

Not vanagon, not particularly PC and not something US citizens and past presidents would like to be reminded of no doubt.... and I disagree that fuel prices might go up... they probably won't, if the US gets its hands on Iraqi oil.

Lets use Dubbya's 'You're either with us or with the terrorists...' to remind everyone there that Europe and the Third World would rather sling this back as 'You're either with us or you're with the (Environmental) terrorists' to remind him of Kyoto, Johannesburg and just about every other worldwide initiative to sort this planet out that has been snubbed and ridden roughshod over by the US. One rule for the US, another for everybody else ...

Sour grapes maybe, but the truth will out... it really is laughable that the US is only the only country in the world who can decree who is and who isn't a terrorist!

Clive