Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:25:49 EDT
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      SF Van-O-Rama is TODAY, Saturday  09/14/02
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com

Good morning, folks. I just tried to rouse Mike Miller from his Westy parked outside by house. Seems the old fella is totally passed out in there. Anyway, go the link below if you forgot the event details.

http://ratwerks.com/zope/wiki/VanORama

Thanks to Jim Robinson for the webpage.

Early bird Larry Chase was at the site last. Went to check on him but he was nowhere to be found. I did spot a nice white Syncro Westy at the nearby motel. Larry, thanks again for the donation for park fees and cleanup supplies.

For those of you planning of seeing Overland's stuff, get there early as Ben Zlotkin said they will be leaving at about 2:30pm.

Last minute cancellation from Tassi, Inc. Bruce Tassi almost forgot it was his son's b'day. Or so he claims -- for those who really know Bruce.

The usual suspects should be present as I haven't heard anything to the contrary. Bob & Diana Wing from Detroit sends their regards. They couldn't WING their way over like last year and it's to late for them to drive in. No doubt still irked at Karl Wolz for snatching the long distance award from them. Karl drove they flew. Speaking of Karl's, he's showing up late. Karl Mullendore was in Seattle last I heard on the way here.

Anyway, gotta pack up and prepare stuff to bring. If anyone has a table they can bring, that would be appreciated. I'm getting too lazy to bring my huge picnic tables. I can't lift them off my 16" Syncro by myself. Maybe I'll get Miller to help. I may not be bringing the Syncro. I have three vehicles to bring and only one driver. It will be a challenging day indeed.

BenT

ps: my apologies to the folks to the VOR remind list who will be getting 2-3 copies of this email