Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:17:17 -0700
From:         Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: headers are headed south (TIICO)
Comments: To: Willolyn99@aol.com
Comments: cc: tiicolist@vgonman.com, wet westys <wetwesties@onelist.com>,
          syncro@yahoogroups.com

it sounds like you are stressing the joint when the engine twists when you accelerate. Nice. i that that is the reason for the flexible portion of the exhaust pipe. So when the pipes cross in the back they are touching? That is wrong, there should have been a 5/8" gap all around.

As for replacing... don't go the SA route. Instead take it to a GOOD exhaust shop and have custom pipes made. If the shop knows much about anything they they'll see the current design flaw and be able to fix/repair it. m

Matthew Pollard "Racing with the wind and flirting with death Dept. Of Chemistry So have a cup of coffee and catch your breath" University of Idaho www.uidaho.edu/~poll7356