Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:06:07 -0700
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
              ignored.
From:         Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Front AC Kits - VANAGON GROUP PURCHASE / Report on Supplier

FRONT AC KIT - VANAGON GROUP PURCHASE PARTICIPANTS,

In view of Stan's Site Inspection of EuroAir Today (see below) ...... here is what I propose.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PROCEEDING WITH THE GROUP PURCHASE AT THIS TIME.

However .... I'll volunteer to be the first (bleeding edge) implementer.

I will purchase TWO KITS from EuroCar (86 Vanagon & 90 Westy Syncro) at the regular price of $650 ea.

I will have the Kit for the 86 Vanagon shipped as soon as possible.

This is going to a friend & fellow list member.

Once it arrives .... I'll ask the recipient to do a report based on a visual inspection of the Kit.

I will have EuroAir install the Front AC kit and rebuild the factory rear AC on the 90 Westy Syncro.

As soon as the engine work is done (Ken Morgan in Denver) on the 90 Westy Syncro I will head to Dallas / Eurocar.

Tentative AC installation date would be 2nd or 3rd week of October.

On the way from Dallas back to PHX, home base ... I will be able to evaluate it's performance.

As soon as I arrive in Phoenix (approx 4th week of October) ..... I'll do a write up on my experience with performance and installation.

At that time, each GROUP PURCHASE PARTICIPANT can make their individual decision whether to move forward with this purchase.

If we choose to go ahead with the Group Purchase at that time ...... I'll ask Jerry (EuroAir) to refund the discount amount to me for my regular price Kit purchases.

GROUP PURCHASE PARTICIPANTS ..... let me know if this approach works for you.

Larry Chase 85 Westy "RoadHaus" 90 Westy Syncro "Sprudel" Mesa, AZ

----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Chase To: Stan Wilder Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 1:28 PM Subject: Re: Front AC installation - Report on Supplier

Stan,

Wow .... interesting input.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this drive by.

Sort of puts an interesting spin on things.

Cheers,

Larry Chase 85 Westy "RoadHaus" 90 Westy Syncro "Sprudel" Mesa, AZ

----- Original Message ----- From: Stan Wilder To: lchase@attglobal.net Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 1:20 PM Subject: Re: Front AC installation - Report on Supplier

Front AC installation - GROUP PURCHASE >>> LAST CALL

I called Jerry and got no reply. I went to Jerry's location. Out front is a big sign on a piece of plywood that says "Central America Sales". Under a falling down two story high car canopy in front of a residence is a Yellow Karnam Ghia Texas License D14-LFL. Out back is a Baja Dune style Bug with California chopped fenders etc (old might not run). Jerry may very well be able to furnish the required Air Conditioner parts and I'd buy from the guy if they were laying on the counter in front of me. I doubt that I'd prepay and wait for delivery down the road. I didn't meet Jerry so I can't comment on him as an individual. You may choose to proceed and Escrow the funds. I have no interest in commenting farther on this matter so I will not reply to Emails on the subject.

Stan Wilder

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:33:24 -0700 "Larry Chase" <lchase@attglobal.net> writes: > Stan, > > I'd like to take you up on your gracious offer to inspect the > EuroAir > Facility. > > It looks like we have enough folks interested in the Group Purchase > and are > ready to move forward > with the transfer of Funds to Jerry West at EuroAir. > > To contact European Cooler Air: > > http://www.europeancoolerair.com > jwest@europeancoolerair.com > Phone: Jerry West at 972-771-3791 > Location: 2671 East FM 552 . Rockwall, Texas 75087 > > Please share with Jerry that you are part of the Group Purchase > effort that > I'm involved in. > > Let me know if this inspection is a possibility, when you might be > able to > do this and I'll notify the List Members Involved in the purchase. > > Thanks a Bunch, > > Happy Trails, > > Larry Chase > 85 Westy "RoadHaus" > 90 Westy Syncro "Sprudel" > Mesa, AZ > > > > > >