Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:40:29 -0700
From:         Timothy Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Front AC Kits - VANAGON GROUP PURCHASE / Report on Supplier
Comments: To: Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

Larry, two things.

First, you need to get some kind of thermometer in your vehicle so you can have some quantitive measurements. I would recommend a thermometer that measures both indoor and outdoor temperature. Use it to measure both the performance of your current system as as well as the impact of any changes.

In my van, typically the A/C has no problem with cooling the inside of the van 25F degrees below the measured outside temp. Today when I left work at 4:00, the inside of my van was 112F while the outside temp (measured in the fresh air duct just in front of the passenger door was 102F). It took almost than 20 minutes to lower the inside temperature to 76F. I find that my van is comfortable any time the measured interior temperature falls below 80F.

That is typical performance of the A/C in my camper, it usually cools at a rate of 3F degrees per minute.

My measured outside temperature is always higher than what the weather station says because the van is always in the sun on pavement. My thermometer is mounted where the rear view mirror was for reference.

Second, I would wonder what the impact would be to the existing system of running a high side pressure line the entire length of the van to the new evaporator/expansion valve location. How will this connection be integrated into the current plumbing?

Thanks,