Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:02:06 -0500
From:         Chris Mills <scmills@TNTECH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: New muffler and stuff...
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

I would be sure to find out what the corporate headquarters complaint line is and call them. When the person on the other end of the phone says they can't do anything for you ask for their supervisor, and their supervisor and on up the chain. SOMEBODY will fix it. Even if it is just giving you a new muffler in a box.

Take operator names as you go along. You may not do anything with it but it does make them wonder.

Remind each and everyone that bad news travels much further and faster than good news and you belong to a few car clubs and they will hear about this. Remind them that they made an aggreement with you and they are legally required to follow through with their end of the deal. You can even send them some correspondence on letter head you make up on your computer to make them realize you are serious.

Recently bought a new Dish Network system for my grandparents. B/c the retailer did not activate the system just so, a certain specific way - my grand parents weren't going to get their 3 months of free programming. Spent some time on the phone and each operator told me that there was nothing they could do for me, offer null and void b/c the retailer screwed up.

I went up and up the chain of command until I got my programming for them. I should not have had to work this hard for this petty stuff but I did. They have been a good service for the previous 5 years for my wife and I.

The squeaky oil gets the oil!!! Don't forget your local Better Business Bureau. You might even raise your voice enough as you "debate" your muffler deal with them so the other customers get to hear. Be courteous but firm.

Personally I use the local shops.

Chris M. <"Busbodger" of "TEAM SLOWPOKE"> Cookeville, Tennessee

ICQ# 5944649 scm9985@tntech.edu

'78 VW Westfalia (67 HP -> that is...67 Hamster Power) '65 Beetle - Type IV powered '99 CR-V AWD station wagon '81 CB900 Custom moto-chickle 2.5 Corvair engines for my Trans-vair Conversion