Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:08:08 -0400
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic in Maine?

That was me!! I made just as ya'll were leaving, so we turned around and followed the caravan around all the way to the next campground. Got a few guys to look at my van, but now I've got real problems. Oil has been blown back somehow onto the engine compartment. Dennis, a VW mechanic from Long Island figured it was tranny oil, but wasn't sure - didn't have tools or anything. Took it to a AAA mechanic in Portland (the guy that you recommended I couldn't find anywhere on Warren Ave.)and he said that it was the oil pressure relief valve that was leaking. Now how in the world that could end up blowing back around and over the top of my engine is beyond me, although I know that it had a small leak there before. My tranny fluid is fine, my oil level is fine. Its a mystery to me. Now I've got to go back and pick it up and pay $130 for not fixing my problem. Vanagon man thinks I'm crazy to keep driving it around, but not sure what to do. I think at this point it probably does have a head problem.

Anyway - did you make it to the other campground?

Peace, Marla