Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:01:03 -0400
From:         tom hewitt <tomhewitt@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Newfoundland Trip
Comments: To: type2 <type2@type2.com>

Got back home last evening after completing our trip to Newfoundland. The scenery is just amazing. Landed in Port Aux Basques and toured the Island to St Johns and back. Meet many friendly, interesting and helpful people along the way. Newfoundland is a very special place. Camping in Gros Morne Park is a real treat. To any of you who may be wondering where to go for a complete change of pace on your next vacation. Take a trip to Newfoundland. You'll be glad you did. We put 6598 kms on our 82 Westy, with no problems to report. Damn good machines, right? Things to remember....There are lots of hills on the Island and you always seem to be pushing a headwind. Don't be in a hurry. Its cool in Newfoundland at this time of year and the VW seemed to like that. Dip stick was always touchable. (We are guage-less). Thanks to all those list members who replied to our queary, before we left on this trip. The information which you supplied was a big plus on the trip. Tom & Dot 67 Beetle 82 Westy A/C