Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:52:50 -0400
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dimensions of bolts holding trans. to engine?

Use a piece of all-thread to cinch the chain around the tranny, then brace the 4x4 so it can move side to side. You could drive to the moon and back this way.

I'd bet you my best shoes that thousands of VW vans have been towed exactly in this fashion since the dawn of time, and the first 'Bully' blew its 36hp motor.

G. Matthew Bulley Creator and Grand Emporer of the VW Heat, Rust, Noise Web Page http://www.bulley-hewlett.com/VWindex Owner of too many VW's to mention Gilligan's Island, NC