Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:49:43 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: leaking power steering?
Comments: To: "Beckham, Chip" <cbeckham@NORDSON.COM>

I believe in changing the fluid every two years. I use the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. My rack now has 191K on it with no leaks yet! Leaking racks is a common occurrence for many cars. Don't blame the previous owner for the wrong fluid as I often did with Audi 5000s, (60K rack replacement as standard maintenance). If it didn't already leak, the wrong fluid would not have been added. Besides brake fluid, most any oil will not cause a problem in a healthy rack or pump.

Dennis