Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:31:26 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: seeking Air Cooled info/advice (82 Westy)
Comments: To: LorettiAK@CS.COM

The peripherals parts you mention. -------------------------- The main fuel injectrion parts are listed below: Electronic Control Unit (JETRONIC) s Part # 039-906-021C Auxiliary Air Valve Part # 0.280.140.101 Air Cleaner Top and Bottom with intake sleeve. Air Flow Meter/Sensor Part # 0-280-200-030 with Air Fliter Box (alternate Air Flow Meter with Air Filter Box 1976-1979) Boot intake, to Air Flow sensor Part #071.129.967 Air Metering Body (throttle body) Air distribution manifold with cold start valve Part # 0.280.170.026 (may not have EGR valve, it will be blocked off) 4 Boot Sleeves, manifold to intake manifolds. Part #039.133.241 Two intake manifolds, one right one left. Four Fuel Injectors with holding clamps. Part # 0-280-159.114 Fuel Rail, left and right. Thermo time switch. Part # 0.280.130.214 Double Relay (sometimes call combi relay)Relay #071-906-059 Left, 0-332-54-129 Right. Throttle Valve switch. (Full throttle switch) Engine Temperature Sensor Part # 0.280.130.012 Pressure Regulator (vacuum Limiter) Part # 0.280.160.100 Resistor Unit Part # 0.280.159.0010 Main Wire Loom, control head to everything else. Secondary wire loom to Vehicle Power and Double relay. New set Injector gaskets (4 small, 4 large) 311-198-261A Two intake manifold block gaskets 022-129-707F You will need to purchase several pieces of new vacuum lines and hoses approximately $6.00 You will need to check your fuel pump, you will need an electric pump # 0.580.463.01 ------------------------------ Other than the distrubutor, spark plug wires that is about all there is on the top side. Got other questions ? Stan Wilder

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:21:54 EDT Loretta Abbott-Kennon <LorettiAK@CS.COM> writes: > Howdy Listees, > > Good meeting some of you at the Van-o-rama last weekend. > > Background: > On my way home I had arranged to pick up a complete engine assembly > from an > 81 that was rebuilt 30K ago. My vehicle was purchased as salvage > but is in > beautiful condition except for an engine compartment fire that > melted parts > of the peripheral components. The burnt engine has 95K original > miles. I > have an engine hoist, jack stands and a fairly comprehensive tool > collection, > but have never removed a VW engine. (my experience is with aircraft > reciprocating engines). > > My Questions for you: > 1. What is the average longevity of the 2.0l air-cooled when > properly > maintained? > 2. Should I simply replace the peripherals on the burnt engine > avoiding the r& > r process? > 3. If r&r is recommended, is there an easy to follow step-by-step > posted > anywhere on the list? > 3. I noticed in the Haines manual that it is important to mark the > clutch > position when removing the engine, this makes me nervous about the > r&r. What > is the position mark for and is there a way to figure it out on the > donor > engine? > > TIA for your assistance with this project! > Salud! > Loretta Abbott-Kennon > I >