Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:27:28 -0400
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic in Maine?

Hey Dan,

The guy's name is Eduardo - its Leins Auto - specializes in VWs. He worked at that place for about 22 years and then bought it from the owner. Has owned it for about 5 years or so. A total hole in the wall, so to speak, but really good mechanic from what I could tell. I've had my van to three different mechanics just this past summer and none of could get my engine to stop shaking when idling. He pulled on one the spark plug wires and it pulled out! They were all corroded. He replaced them, readjusted my air sensor, installed a fuel filter that I had bought and inspected the engine within about 2 hours. Only $50 per hour and he gave me a brake because he knew I was cash poor. Showed me exactly what he had done and was really honest and fair. I highly recommend him. He said he'd replace my whole exhaust system that I want to buy from Bus Depot for only about $300 in labor. Thanks for the info. on Greg's Auto. I'll keep him in mind if I need him!

Peace, Marla '87 Westy Van "Morrison" ----- Original Message ----- From: Dan Barrett Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:07 AM To: mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Mechanic in Maine? > will stop by a guy in Sommerville MA that was recommended

Which mechanic is that? ABJ? I _highly_ recommend Greg's Auto on Summer Street in Natick (508.647.9749). I just picked my bus up from him last night -- he does tons of bus work (Boston Bob recommended him to me; I believe Greg said he does one Vanagon engine swap a week) and he did brilliant work on my shift linkage.

Best, d.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com