Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:26:34 -0400
From:         Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: AW: Seized Engine?  Is there something I can do? - '91
              Vanagon GL
Comments: To: warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM

Robert,

One thing you did not mention.................you had better be comfortable with pulling the wrenches, innovating, and have another car to drive while you do the conversion..........

AND the manual that comes with it is nothing more that a paperweight. It is a piece of shit. We got more out of a bootleg of a listee's installation video, and pics of installed motors than anything in that book.............AND you will be short parts in the kit, no doubt about that. They will send them to you, but depending on where and when Petar is in and can ship them.

It is an OK motor and a clean conversion, but for my $$ I would go with the Boston Bob big valve motor. Huge improvement and totally stock install. Adam P 81 Westy "The Brick " 70 Single Cab "Whitey" 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg 75 Campmobile "for sale' Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Keezer" <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 2:24 AM Subject: AW: Seized Engine? Is there something I can do? - '91 Vanagon GL

Avoid foreign car shops. they run up the price like a taxi meter. You can do the Tiico yourself, and it's a lot easier than the scratch conversion I did on mine. I guess mine would have cost over ten grand on labor for all the time it took. The Tiico comes with instructions! And the Tiico list has more info to help- go for it!

Robert K 1982 Westy Seattle

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ----- Von: Sean Garrett Gesendet: Thursday, September 19, 2002 9:48 PM An: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Betreff: Re: Seized Engine? Is there something I can do? - '91 Vanagon GL

Na, I think all these shops are charging allot for the TIICO conversion. I was quoted in Phx >7,000 bucks to put one in. They order the engine. So roughly 3 grand for the labor.

Sean Garrett 1981 Westy (his) 1995 Eurovan Camper (hers) sean.garrett@asu.edu