Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:18:04 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure summary
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@ATTBI.COM>

I may be way out in left field here, but I specifically used a single terminal sender for my VDO OP gauge. My thinking was to use the factory pressure gauge and "T" off the under the pushrod switch location and run a custom made hose up to the top of the engine block for the VDO sender. That way, the buzzer system stays intact. Do we really know for sure at what pressure the VDO dual sender throws the dash light on? How likely is it to be the same as the factory switch?

DM&FS

At 08:55 AM 9/20/2002 -0700, Stuart MacMillan wrote: >Kevin, > >Congrats on the oil pressure gauge, all Vanagons should have one. Just be >sure to use the dual sender, that oil light will catch your eye quicker than >the needle sitting at zero! > >Rule of thumb for the wbx is 10 psi per 1000 RPM for an engine in good >condition. See Tom's VW pages for a discussion of what happens when things >go too far below this benchmark: > >http://volksweb.relitech.com/21rodbrg.htm > >Kevin wrote: > >Got my VDO Oil Pressure gauge installed in my 1990 >w/2.1L...can anyone give me the "typical" pressure >readings I should be looking for during operation? > >Stuart MacMillan >'84 Westy w/2.1