Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:27:40 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure summary
Comments: To: David Brodbeck <gull@cyberspace.org>

David and group: Most any hydraulic hose shop will be glad to make this hose for you. I believe I had them put a 1/8" npt male fitting on the end going into the T and a 1/8" npt female fitting on the end going to the VDO sender(sunpro may have the same male end on its sender?). I chose the best hose I could get in a #4 size ie the stainless steel braided hose with the teflon liner. I think I paid about $15 for it custom made to a 14" length. That was plenty of hose to get the sender mounted on the top of the engine block. If your sender is bigger, it wouldn't hurt to have the hose a few inches longer. tape measure will sole that isssue. The rubber VDO accessory hose kit for that application costs more than the custom hose. Company here in Little Rock called Triplex made the hose, but you certainly can find a shop closer to home than that. Notching the pushrod shroud so the hose can go up was a minor sacrifice and the T was very short. After the initial system of about 4 or 5 angle pieces and nipplesto get the VDO unit to stay under the head, I chose this system and have never looked back!!

Max

At 01:33 PM 9/20/2002 -0400, David Brodbeck wrote: >On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Max Wellhouse wrote: > > > I may be way out in left field here, but I specifically used a single > > terminal sender for my VDO OP gauge. My thinking was to use the factory > > pressure gauge and "T" off the under the pushrod switch location and run a > > custom made hose up to the top of the engine block for the VDO > > sender. > >Where did/will you get the hose made? I'm considering this for my diesel. >My oil pressure gauge's sender is quite heavy and I'm afraid the vibration >will snap it off if I just let it hang off a tee fitting. (I'm using a >Sunpro gauge so the double sender wasn't an option.) I'd like to put in >the tee with the (relatively light) stock sender, then run the hose either >to the firewall or a convenient spot on the engine and mount the gauge >sender there. > > _ _ > __ _ _ _| | | | David M. Brodbeck (N8SRE) Ypsilanti, MI > / _` | | | | | | +----------------------------------------------------- >| (_| | |_| | | | @ cyberspace.org > \__, |\__,_|_|_| "To accept selfishness as an all-purpose excuse for > |___/ mistreating others is to reject the whole idea of > right and wrong." -- Richard Stallman