Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:02:18 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Confused about resistor part numbers...
Comments: To: "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <Doug@BEACONTEL.TV>

At 11:16 AM 9/23/2002, Fitz-Randolph, Douglas wrote: >I need to replace the "green cigar" resistor for the radiator fan on my '90 >Syncro w/AC. > > From ETKA (this is all on VASY 1990, MG 9, SG 71, Illus. 156-10) I think the >part number is 251 971 284 H. Is this correct?

Looks right to me -- it's for the big 450-watt radiator fan. A program bug makes it point to the picture of the heater blower harness.

>If so, what would the part number for the fresh air blower resistor? Is that >251 971 565 C, the "harness with resistance?

That's for the A/C blower, from the description. 565 E is the equivalent harness for a Westy with A/C. The heater blower harness would be 251 971 281.

>Then 251 971 284 E (1A) on that illustration is the rad fan resistor for >vehicles without AC?

That's how it looks to me...

>If I'm correct up to here... any idea why Bus Depot would charge $29 for the >AC version and $144 for the non-ac version? > >A lot of questions, but can anyone help out here?

I'm just reading it off the page, but that's how it appears to me.

david ps -- sorry I missed BBTB, I was greatly looking forward to it. :( Life intervened and we just couldn't do it.

-- David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"