Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:11:38 -0400
From:         Jeff Strickrott <jstric01@CS.FIU.EDU>
Subject:      WTB: CA 81-83 air cooled Fuel Injection & Ignition System
Comments: To: Type Two List <type2@type2.com>

Hi All:

I am looking to buy a complete (or as much as possible) CA fuel injection and ignition system for my 82 Vanagon. I am converting mine from federal to CA so that I can have the O2 sensor (better fuel mileage, emissions, longer life on the catalytic converter) and the electronic ignition. I have put together a list of the parts I believe I need. Please feel free to add any that I have missed. The parts list is derived from ETKA and Bentleys.

Yes I know that it would be cheaper to either use Megasquirt or something like Pertronix to achieve this goal, but for now I want to try getting the stock system first. Pmail me if you have any parts available.

Regards, --Jeff Strickrott 82 Westy, South Florida

Parts needed list: ============== CA Fuel Injection Parts:

1. 071-906-021-B(X), ECU 2. 071-906-301-B, Mass Air Fuel Meter 3. 071-971-761-A, Fuel injection harness 4. 071-133-061, Throttle Body (with port for vacuum advance and retard) 5. 071-906-069, relay, possible the OXS relay in the Bentley’s manual 6. 071-906-059-A, Combi /fuel pump double relay 7. 171-906-283, idle boost solenoid for air conditioner equipped vans

CA Ignition System 1. 039-905-205-C, Hall effect vacuum advance and retard distributor, 2. 211-905-115-B, Ignition Coil 3. 191-905-351-B, Hall Control unit, transistorized coil ignition unit 8. 251-906-083, Idle stabilizer 4. 070-971-131-A, transistorized ignition harness