Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:16:58 -0700
From:         David Jaffe <orhiker1@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      1986 Syncro for sale in Portland, OR  $2500
Comments: To: syncrolist@yahoogroups.com

I've got a 1986 Syncro for sale. Its a GL model (tach, seats w/arms, carpeting) - silver with black interior. Nearly new tires (< 5K), all matching. Electric mirrors, rear heater, and very cool 4WD graphic stripe along the bottom of both sides. It needs a new rear bench because the previous owner left the base but removed the back. It does not have a diff lock, nor a center bench. It has 235K but certainly doesn't look it or feel it, and clearly has a much newer motor, VC and drive shaft - I don't know how much newer since I can't find the last owner (I got it via a theft recovery auction.)

It runs *extremely* well, in terms of power and turning: no binding in turns nor vibration in the drive line at any speed. It hasn't burned any oil in the ~250 miles I've had it.

Three things need repair: It has a sporadic heavy leak in the right head. I haven't taken the time to even re-torque it, I just put in coolant in the mornings before I drive it if there's a puddle underneath. I'm driving it daily and its never let me down. Next, the radiator fan runs constantly at the low setting (which wasn't fixed by putting in a new thermo sensor switch), and it must need a new heater valve, since the front heater only blows hot air.

The plan was to fix these before selling, but I'm starting classes tomorrow, so its immediately for sale at $2500, or best offer over $2K.

David Jaffe 503-329-3993