Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:13:39 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      COW  Fall Campout   October 11, 12, 13
Comments: To: lon herman <herman.40@osu.edu>, ron hall <watts85@bright.net>,
          william duvall <wgduvall@ci.westerville.oh.us>,
          jay holwick <jholwick@netpluscom.com>,
          michael d lincicome <MICHAEL_D_LINCICOME@sunoil.com>,
          aaron badertscher <veedubs@valkyrie.net>,
          jonathan cooper <cooper@bqmlaw.com>, jeff prudhoe <Jkpvw@aol.com>,
          jay schmidt <schmidt5@hsonline.net>,
          jim and melody sperl <JiMelody@worldnet.att.net>,
          todd guttman <tguttman@columbus.rr.com>,
          greg stelz <gstelz1@yahoo.com>,
          liz maher <maher@maherconsulting.com>, tom kern <tomkat3@msn.com>,
          bob o'shaughnessy <vanagon@columbus.rr.com>,
          barry armitage <max7959@aol.com>, tom hubbard <hubbard.1@osu.edu>,
          jeff gaskin <jgaskin@zoomnet.net>,
          jeff warner <jwarner6@columbus.rr.com>

> , tom and judy diley <VWTHREE@prodigy.net> , frank biffath <fbiffath@mailingsolutions.com> , karen roberts <tgmk36b@hotmail.com> , roger barber <bdeweese@msn.com> , david miller <dpmiller@ameritech.net > , john baker <jbakerccymca@springmail.com> , greg kessler <kessler@ohio.edu> , paul cavanaugh <paul@phonyexpress.com> , clayton mcneary <mcnearne@Marshall.edu> , woodrose dawn <vwtankgirl@yahoo.com> , phillip bouton <Dadtocarson@cs.com> , vanagonlist <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Mime-version: 1.0 X-Priority: 3 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

OKAY!!! Happy Campers: On the above dates Central Ohio Westies will be at STROUDS RUN STATE PARK. It's a few miles East and North of Athens, OH. The group camping area is taken already, so we will be in the regular site area. See: > http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/strouds.htm Looks like the park is on County Road 20 off Rt. 33 just North of Athens.

In checking with the park, "Cindy" said no problem with circling in this area. We just can't move the fire rings around. No hookups, no showers, pit toilets. The park is usually under-used in October, so she said we should have no problem with as many sites as needed. Two vehicles per site (with a max. of six souls) at $11 per site per night... self registration.

Already signed up are the Jeff & Kim, Jeff & Jenny (sans kids), and Stephen & Colleen (with Spencer)... Tom & Kathy and Chili Man Frank have responded that they will be with our COVVWC friends at Kelley's Island to the far North. COW opted to browse the early Fall pastures and hills in the originally scheduled Southeastern Ohio area and hopefully enjoy a bit warm October weather.

Friday night is, as always, optional. Saturday night will be our traditional pot luck dinner. We might want to do a "mini" Burrito or pancake breakfast if anyone is up to the task. I will bring an exterior stove and perhaps we could use another to do things right.

I have never been to the park... Greg Kessler at OU gave it a thumbs up. We will expect a good time no matter the weather. Perhaps we'll see some of our VW camper friends from across the Ohio River (?) as I am posting this to the Vanagon List and Westfalia Owners.

Sunday early afternoon we might want to do a caravan out for a little Fall colors touring before we split up and go our separate ways... we'll see. Jonathan... we'll follow you a while to make sure you can make it home :) .

So give me a note in response so that I can give the park a heads up on our numbers.

BTW, I will be culling the COW Membership list fairly soon... so if you haven't responded recently (like in a year)... you might want to do so. Or if you are reading this from another site and want to get our e-mailings respond and I'll add you to the list. This doesn't mean that you need to have shown your smiling face... just that you want to be on the mailing list.

Pack up the VW camper, Westy or van and come on out for the last COW campout of the year.

-- Stephen Chillicothe OH