Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:56:58 -0700
From:         Jason Weisberger <jweis@WHY.BOTHER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Strange Puddle
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@hotmail.com>

Figured it out.

Welcome to San Francisco. At night it gets really wet and foggy. Seems the condensation was collecting on the top of the van and running down the rainguards into the back of the van. It then pools up and drips out. I wake up late enough, usually, to miss the condensation part and only saw the leak. This is why it was leaking a slow drop 10-15+ hours since I parked it and not leaking several hours before and/or after that. I went back and looked at it last night and there was no leak. I looked this morning early and saw the leak as well as water literally running through the raingutter and into the sidevent.

Coolant level is the as when I parked it. It can't be anything but condensation - esp to have not be leaking Sunday at 8pm, leaked Monday am at 8am, no leak Monday at 10pm and be leaking at Tuesday at 7am while the van is covered in water and has a trickle from the gutter into the vents.