Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:06:17 -0600
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
              ignored.
From:         Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Mid-Project >>> Thanks to all!

Volks,

Wanted to take a moment to thank all the great folks and vendors on the lists for the incredible information and help I have received this past year.

Last summer I purchased my first Vanagon, a 85 Westy (RoadHaus I).

I began the process of learning about these marvelous machines and preparing for "The Great North American Tour "that begins on Jan 02, 2003.

Recently I purchased the second Vanagon a 1990 Westy Syncro (RoadHaus II .. the actual tour vehicle).

As some of you know .... I picked it up in LA on Sept 11th.

Feeling elated yet guilty as I pulled out of the driveway of the original owners ..... John & Maria Jones.

Tears flowed and goodbyes were painful.

Lots of Love & History with Sprudel (RoadHaus II's maiden name)

From there I have traveled to Denver (where I am now) to have a 2.2L engine installed and other rebuild and replacement work done by Ken Morgan at Euro Cars.

Will report back on the results of this activity.

She ran beautifully, (one minor coolant mishap) all the way to Denver.

Easily there are many, many more miles left in the engine and such ..... she was lovely maintained.

But I wanted to head off on this Expedition with a bit more confidence in the hardware.

From Denver the next stop is Dallas to have Jerry West install Front AC and rebuild the Rear AC.

Will report back on the results of this activity.

After Dallas she rolls into Santa Cruz to pick up parts from the SA Group Purchase thanks to the honorable Bill Kasper.

Finally home to Phoenix, which she hasn't seen yet ..... to complete the more prep work needed prior to the Jan 2003 departure.

Want I wanted to say, it this long winded manner, was THANK YOU ALL!

List Members and List Vendors one and all.

I am humbled by your knowledge and willingness to share.

RAODHAUS II is really the VAN YOU BUILT.

Every idea or modification is the result of collecting incredible input from all of you and sorting to find the best solution for this application.

On every occasion, every question netted tips, solutions, suggestions, recommendations, vendors names ... pearls of wisdom from the incredible intellectual capital that exists here.

List Members have supplied parts, are building the Expeditions Web Site, are creating Art work for the Tee Shirt and such and have offered numerous other assistance.

This is an incredible community and I am humbled and honored to be a small part of it.

I wish there was some way to gather all of you in one spot, crack a bottle of Champagne on the RoadHaus Bow ... errr Fender and have you all send her on her way.

This community is the finest example of "UNITED WE STAND".

Not a philospophy .... but a reality.

And it's world wide, our members span the globe.

Respect & Gratitude,

Chase

Where: The Great North American Tour When: 01.02.03 How: RoadHaus II - 1990 VW Westfalia Syncro From: Mesa, AZ