Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:18:24 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] The last Bus ad - at last
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

> The last SA Bus ad has finally been posted on the VWSA site. Go to > www.vw.co.za, then go to Fanatics>downloads>bits&bytes - it's the > Farewell ad under the Bus section. There's a nice but brief piece of > footage of the Syncro in action. It's very South African orientated, > using all the imagery of past Bus advertising.

folks, this is really great. sad but great. i strongly encourage anyone with a decent connection to download the movie (Farewell tv commercial) and the interactive program (Milestones). the movie is great.

but i kinda need someone to help a bit on the farewell tv commercial. i don't speak South African slang (and i don't even hear English so well anymore), and i tried transcribing the song .. some parts are surely wrong. so if any South Africans wouldn't mind listening to the song and tell me which parts are wrong (and tell me what the right parts are ;)

here's what i got ...

Danke, I thank you, o pell(?), We got along so well, We've been down a long, long road, We've got some stories to tell.

All of the friends we made, Places we'll never forget, Miles and miles of happy young smiles, It's the good-byes I regret.

But who knows what lies round the bend? Oh, I wish you good luck and a road with no end, ?? and farewell, Volksie, o pell(?), You will always be my friend.

and as a personal comment, i'd like to think that the Vanagon and Syncro lists will be that "road with no end" for the T3 vw bus. :)

unca joel