Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:47:14 -0600
From:         Simon Reinhardt <simon@FARRSIDE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Printing with ETKA
Comments: To: westydriver <westydriver@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

Until I got Terminal Services running on my server-in-the-basement, I ran ETKA on Virtual PC on my Mac, and printed to an HP 1100, shared on a different Windows box. It worked very well. You may want to make sure that every single driver that relates to the printer in any way is current. Printer, display, and any MS Service Packs that seem to relate. One important point may be to assign an actual printer port on your machine to the printer's network name, instead of just having that name as the local port name, which tends to be the default. I'd use LPT2, just so your local hardware port remains open. -Simon